Have your say in shaping the future of NDIS
NDIA have released consultation papers to hear from you about the changes NDIA is making to ensure the NDIS scheme to be simpler, faster, fairer and more flexible.
Have your say in delivering these improvements so that they work for everyone.
What NDIS is consulting on –
1. Access and eligibility policy for independent assessments – For more details CLICK HERE
- How independent assessments will be used to help determine eligibility for the NDIS
- When people might be exempted from completing an independent assessment
- What information people applying to access the NDIS will have to provide as part of the access process
- How we will remove the access lists used during the transition to the NDIS
- The process for eligibility reassessments
2. Planning policy for personalised budgets and plan flexibility – For more details CLICK HERE
3. Supporting young children and their families early, to reach their full potential – For More details CLICK HERE
- The age group best suited to receive early childhood services and whether this should be changed from under seven years of age, to under nine years
- How independent assessments will be used to determine eligibility and budgets for participants over 12 months of age
- Short Term Early Intervention (STEI), which is the early support that is offered whether or not a child is eligible for the NDIS
- Planning and implementation of best practice supports
- Support for young children and families to transition to the next stage of their lives, if they are no longer eligible for the NDIS.
To submit your inputs to these improvements link – CLICK HERE
Submissions close at 10.00am ADST Tuesday 23 February 2021.